Spaghetti and Truthballs
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
  Chivalry is Dead
A very wise man (Elle's Daddy) once said "Elle, all men should treat you like a lady until you prove yourself otherwise. And if you ever prove yourself otherwise, I do not want to know about it."

That, my friends, should be a proverb of the twenty first century. While in my state of dazed and confused yesterday evening, a dear friend took place in a horrible conversation via AIM:

(Notact): So we will do lunch tomorrow?
(Lady): Yes, we need to catch up.
(Notact): Heyyyy!!!!!!
(Lady): Hey what?
(Notact): I have been thinking about having sex with you lately
(Notact): Not just with anyone I want to have sex with you.
(Lady): Thanks?
(Notact): Oh you are welcome.
(Notact): So what do you say we put an end to all of this sexual tension and have sex tomorrow, after lunch?
(Lady): I think that is a terrible idea.
(Notact): So negative
(Notact): Always so negative
(Notact): So I will see you at lunch tomorrow?

This, is a true conversation. Dead truthful, only names have been changed to protect anonymity. I cackled in delight upon hearing of the conversation last night.... But upon further review this morning, it is HIDEOUS! And therefore I thought I would share this memo with you lovely people. Chivalry is dead. The idea of a consummate southern gentleman is dead, or at the very least, both chivalry and consummate southern gentlemen are on life support. What happened? Where did it all go? Did we get so wrapped up in equal rights in the twentieth century that we ended up flushing the idea of manners down the toilet? Maybe. Who knows. But so help me Savannah, seedy and disgusting behavior must cease to exist for the greater good of human kind. If I had a time machine, I would transport myself today to the days of Scarlett O'Hara, when the male species was not, for the most part, genetically mutated.
 
Comments:
Well mornin' Miss Scarlett,

I'd like to point out that I personally found that conversation to be repugnant as soon as you told me about it - no delayed reaction here!

Love, Elle
 
Bah, you know nothing. Chivalry is not dead, you just have to look really, really, really hard for it.

Judging the entire male species on one little throw back that should have been thinned from the herd is what is called a "Hasty Generalization". Also a bad no-no when trying to sway arguments to your side.

:) HUGS and luff
 
you're right - why open the door for the lovely lady when you can just hit her over the head with your club and drag her back to your cave.

Neandrothols are in the now.

Knights in Shining Armor are so last season...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger