Spaghetti and Truthballs
Thursday, December 08, 2005
  The storm of Icy Death
Yes, yes, I know.

We Texans DO NOT know what to do when ice hits.

Instead of doing a Google search on "what to do when storms of icy death hit" we decide to do something somewhat different.

We panic. We freak out. We go buy groceries. We act like total fuck ups.

Why? You ask?

Let me tell you.

Many, many, many, many, many, many moons ago- when cavemen were roaming the earth- We had this 'Natural Selection' bit working for us. The dumb, sick, weak, and old became dinner for the dear saber tooth tigers. Thus, those that were left to breed were smart and strong.

Our modern society has basically eliminated the whole idea of natural selection. OD on drugs? We can fix it. Cut your arm off while chopping down a tree? We can fix that too. Most any stupid decision can now be reversed, or corrected thanks to modern medicine...

And with all of the medical advances, we are breeding bigger idiots with every generation...

And now I regret to inform you that we have taken this whole 'down with natural selection' theory to a whole new level.

Today, The City's finest, also known as the police, took it upon themselves to close major bridges. Not because there was a wreck. But because they were afraid there was going to be a wreck. Way to be proactive, way to think ahead. But damnit- there goes another form of natural selection.

**** Disclaimer- My mother thinks that this post is exceptionally rude and heinous. She had nothing to do with it. She takes no credit for my cruel sense of humor.
 
Comments:
Yes my friend I agree! We react too quickly because, I think, mainstream media and their overbearing need to over-dramatize everything, freaks people out to gain headlines. So what do people do--sprint to Wal-Mart to stock up on food and shit as if they're gonna be locked up in their houses for the next 2 weeks--"Blizzard Katrina."

It seems that with these folks it's "all or nothing." Act as though nothings going to happen or freak totally out. Personally, I think you and I are the happy medium where natural selection was kind to us.
 
I like the natural selection idea. :) Very well thought out theory. I wonder who enlightened you about it. Not that I am saying you could not come up with the idea yourself, but, ... well just curious. ;)

- You Mutant Gay Man
 
I would just like to say that i have no educated point... but that I am a tipsey little girl and I find my Rebecca very amusing... except when she is away from her phone! Love you Hunny! Ta tas!
 
June, feel free to continue rambling on about anything. When you put words to paper, I'm carried away to Valhalla on wings of gossamer.

How's your head feeling today?

Oh, and you southerners can't drive in the snow. It's no shame, really, you do other things better than us. Like grits and fake boobs. And barbecue. Driving in inclement weather, not so much.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger