Spaghetti and Truthballs
Monday, September 12, 2005
  The Many Mantras of my life.
We all have our little sayings that creep up in daily conversation, or actions.... Some people's are more normal than mine, but you get the point.

I spent my Saturday with my Heterosexual Life Partner, and as we were talking out the problems and joy of our life, it struck me just how odd the two of us are. We are so the same, yet so different. The things that make her tick don't even bother me- and the stuff that just sends me over the edge, she could care less about. But the stuff we agree on, is simply put, BIZZARRE. Case in point to follow.

-The term 'fag hag' is repulsive... We have settled on the term "Too glamorous for straight men"

- "Fuck It I am Fabulous"- Because we are, and if you can't get that- we don't get you.

- Our favorite toasts: "Here is to the men we love, and here is to the men who love us, and if the men we love don't love us, then fuck them and heres to us." -OR- "I hope all of your joy is pure joy, and all of your pain is champagne' -OR- "Here is to the husbands who have won you, the losers who have lost you, and here is to the lucky bastards who have yet to meet you." (Did I mention we were drinking at noon?)

-'Permission to chainsmoke?' and then, permission is granted or denied based on the situation's stress level.

and my personal favorite... Lifted from my heterosexual life partner in law...

-"Bless it or Block it." And by this I mean If it is gonna happen, make it lovely and enjoyable or quick and painless... And if it isn't, get it out of our line of sight.
 
Comments:
Yeah, Fag Hag has lost it's appeal over the years.

I prefer Fruit Flies. :)

But your term is fabulous!
 
Flies, Fish, and Hags... all therms that are repulsive. Why do gay men put such bad connotations on the women that they claim are their friends. I just don't deal with any of it. And if a gay man in my sight line has a problem with it... then I don't deal with him either....
 
Rebecca!

I have found your blog (via Katie's myspace tribute to your bad spa experience) and you've inspired me. So I have a unblog now too.

WHY don't you live in Dallas? Some things just don't make sense.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger