Spaghetti and Truthballs
Thursday, May 04, 2006
  Cosmically Challenged.
People, in general, are flawed individuals...

I think Jimmy Buffett put it best when he said 'The Cosmic Bakers took us out of the ovens a little too early.'

Anyone who cannot admit their flaws, are more flawed than you care to admit.

Today, I had the pleasure of quite literally running into one of the most flawed, fucked up, people. His name: Juan.

Juan kindly rear ended my vehicle whilst I was on my travels from Denton to Garland-ia.

Juan then got out of his vehicle and made a series of declarations and moves that just plain and simply pissed me off.

First, he informed me that he would prefer that I not call the police, as 'he was not supposed to be here.' I mean, really, I am completely tolerant of the illegal latin population, so long as they are not causing me to have to search for translations to documents, they are contributing to the working society in which I care not to contribute to, and generally being lovely members of society. When you run into my vehicle, you are no longer a lovely member of society. Strike one for my flawed friend, Juan.

Then, he proceeded to place his hand in the small of my back and reach over me as to give me a hug. Some of you will find this particularly hilarious, as I DO NOT like to be touched. Nonetheless, Juan decided to do this twice, before I kindly explained to him that if he were to partake in this a third time, he would be decked. This will count as strike two and three for Juan, as I generally HATE being touched by strangers.

After he was done violating my personal space, Juan then declared that he had done no damage to my vehicle. I didn't care, I asked for his insurance information anyways. Since Juan already had his strike limit... Juan was just feeding the fire of my anger.

When prompted for his insurance info, Juan handed me an expired insurance card. All the while, declaring to me that he had done no damage to my vehicle. I continued to write the information down, as it is never good to piss a diva off. All the while becoming quite enraged. Due to the irritation, I then expressed the need to see his drivers liscense, and demanded to know where this Juan was working. Here comes irrational girl that we have been discussing lately.

As I drove off into the sunset, I thought to myself that this is a seriously flawed individual. A seriously flawed individual that has seriously pissed me off. Now here is the question that I have been grappling with for the entire day... Upon reciept of the insurance check, shall I call and report his employer for hiring illegal immigrants? Shall I call and file a police report, just to make his life a living hell? Or shall I walk away and just be thankful that this man is someone I will never, ever, have to run into again?
 
Comments:
I vote walk away. You never know what someone might do when faced with deportation. :)

Melody
 
Sounds like Juan is a real tool! I am glad you did what you did. At least you are "ok" and not hurt. I'd follow through! Go Diva!

XXOO,
JTL
 
Clearly Juan is an asshat who doesn't care about others. Why would you want to remain silent, thereby aiding and abetting his next run-in with non asshatters?

He has proven incapable of fulfilling his part of the social contract, ergo he should be ejected, and you should FEEL NO GUILT ABOUT IT.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger