Spaghetti and Truthballs
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
  Taking a Moment to Mourn
Way back in the days PB (pre blogging) I stumbled onto the whole blogging regime by accident.

The first blog I fell upon was Secret Simon. Secret Simon was a man who had two young children, a lovely wife, and a home in the suburbs of a sunshine state. Life, on the exterior, was seemingly good. One small problem: he was gay.

Simon chronicled his coming out, and other life happenings.

It was, to say the very least, inspirational to me. The idea of seemingly perfect exteriors and ravaged interiors was something that I knew all too well. The fact that no body knew what I was dealing with was also something that I knew all too well. The idea of keeping up appearances was less than foreign to me.

Recently, Simon divulged his voice. After divulging his voice, he divulged his face. Then Simon let people know his real name.

Then Simon did something that all of us will do eventually... Simon quit writing. He has said his goodbyes and packed up. Onto bigger and better things.

I am sincerely happy that he has made the decision that works best for him. I wish him well, but I think in all the time that I have been reading his blog, I forgot to say thank you. Simon, even though our stories have precious little in common, your blog meant the world to me. It wasn't just a good soap opera read, it was so much more...
 
Comments:
This is a wonderful tribute.

I just cleaned out my links and was sad to see so many people have gone, Simon included.
 
Your welcome, darlin'. And thank you, too.

Let's just call it a form of evolution...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger