Spaghetti and Truthballs
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
  The Preambles of a Trip to the Looney Bin
It has been proven time and time again that birds of a feather stick together.

And with that, I have an announcement.

If you are not, have not, or never will, experience a few temporary moments of insanity... I am just not certain that we can be friends.

A few weeks ago, I was suffering from every mental disorder in the DSM IV. I was completely and totally intolerable. I was, for lack of a better descriptor, a bitch.

Yet my friends took it all in stride. They listened to me bitch, they kept the giggles to a minimum when I was being completely unreasonable, and most of all... They did not take me on a 'spa vacation' to the nearest mental institution.

Really, I didn't completely understand exactly how they dealt with me...

And then it dawned on me... Last night, it was my turn to sit across the table from my dear friend as she had a mini meltdown. I listened. I empathised. I laughed.

The question was brought to mind... Where does it cross the line, from crazy but still functioning in the real world to that girl needs a one way ticket to crazy towne???

After much consideration... I have some criteria to judge one's C.Q. (Craziness Quotient)

-If we begin doling out any worldly posessions to our dearest friends... Or to strangers... One way ticket to the mental institution

-Conversations are being held with 'imaginary friends'... One way ticket.

- Inanimate objects talking to you??? Giving you advice??? One way ticket.

The rest can be handled with an intensive outpatient therapy regimen, also known as your dear friends. When you feel like you are loosing footing on the world, all you have to do is hold on tight and bitch really loudly.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger