Spaghetti and Truthballs
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
  Hell on Earth
If we all had our own personal hells, Valentines Day would be the central theme of mine...

Hearts Everywhere, people searching desperately to find that one special someone to say the elusive 'I LOVE you' on that one special day of the year, buying idiotic stuffed animals, buying disgusting cheap chocolate, and sending flowers that passed their expiration date three days ago. All so they can say "I was loved on Valentines Day." Did they neglect to remember the other three hundred sixty four days in a year?

I would like to take a moment to reflect on how very blessed I am that I have people who like/love/adore/appreciate me, And I would also like to take a moment to tell all of the people that I like/love/adore/appreciate that they mean so much to me.

I would be ever so lonely without their company. I would have lost my mind a long time ago. And most of all, I would not be who I am without their support.

So without further adue, I have decided to retract my feeling on the 'Dreaded Day' and instead, I have decided to like parts of it. Parts I do NOT like are as follows:
-Anything heart shaped
-Anything overly cheesy
-Anything with the words 'I love you' Scripted on it
-Mylar balloons in the holiday colors
-Dead-ish flowers (And Carnations are always dead-ish in my book)
- Crap Tastic Candy

IF you see me this year, I will do my best to wipe the scowl off of my face, and replace it with a chipper smile, I will also do my very best to muster up the words 'Happy Valentines Day to You Too' without choking on them or spitting out pea green soup.

So happy 'This holiday is really quite stupid' Valentines Day to those that I like/love/adore/appreciate, may your day be whatever you want it to be. (Even if what you want is on my dreaded list.)
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger