Spaghetti and Truthballs
Monday, January 02, 2006
  A Myriad of crap
For those of you who know me well, You know that I have a myriad of free time, and I truly enjoy it. One of my favorite ways to fill gaps in my day is My Space.

Myspace allows friends to spy on their friends in a completely undaunting environment, it also allows for people to look at pictures, learn way too much about you, and paruse the goods that one has to offer. It is exceptionally exciting.

Myspace is equipped with a 'Top 8' Feature, in which you get to pick your favorite friends, and their pictures are displayed prominently on your page. What does this sound like to you? Yes folks, that is right. Elementary School.

But that is neither here nor there. The problem that I am facing with my top 8 is this:

I currently hold the #1 spot on four peoples top eight. And I am on thirteen peoples top 8 list.

What is a girl to do? Do I say fuck it and put the people I like best on my top 8? Do I put the people I talk to most via Myspace on my Top 8? OR Do I protest it all and put the people I despise most on my top 8?

And ordinarily I would just assume that people do not actually look at this bullshit, but it is totally untrue, all of those freak-o's pay attention to who is on the top 8, whether they admit it or not.

But onto something else. Lets look at my new picture, and decide whether it is splendid and spectacular or second rate and so-so...

 
Comments:
Hmm... it's a bit light and low contrast. I'm not too excited about the seat belt; the strap is the dominant unbroken line in the shot, which, being where it is, tends to direct the viewer's attention from nowhere to nowhere. HOWEVER, the photo also shows your really nice pair of "introducing the new scent by Giorgio Armani" eyes, with-slightly-mussed-bang-overhang.
I'd say do a retake with that general pose/angle, but use a lower film speed or bring the pic into photoshop and adjust the contrast and color casting.

Re: myspace
I'm not saying I have a page, but I'm not saying I don't. I tend to value the anonymity of cyberspace in my online activities, so any page I might have, if I indeed had one, would contain mostly unrecognizable or purposefully misleading information.

That being said, Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres -- when viewing online profiles, blogs, myspace pages, etc., I do follow links and buddy lists and factor that information into my evaluation of the person I'm looking at.

I would, if I were to have a myspace page and a top8 list, y'know, hypothetically speaking, pick a top8 to be a combination of people you really like/respect and people who have really stimulating/unusual pages of their own -- and let's face it, as we get older, the people we like and respect in life aren't always the most vivacious, and vice versa. I know plenty of folks who are great to party with or who produce some fascinating art, but who I wouldn't count on to feed my dog while I'm out of town. Know what I mean?

Oh, and before I forget...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 
Um.. I kinda like it. It says to me "Strap yourself in boys, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!" ;)
 
Here's a slight edit you can look at to see if you like it any better. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

I increased the contrast a little and brought out your naturally good skin tone, deepened the colors and highlighted your highlights!
 
Sorry, forgot to insert the URL in the link tag.
Try this.
 
Hey spankboy- I can't open the link.

Spanks, Spankboy Andy!
 
Okay, I'm gonna put it in the shared photo album of one of my many yahoo accounts.

Like I said, it's not a radical re-do, just slightly "warmer" than the original pic.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger