Spaghetti and Truthballs
Monday, January 09, 2006
  Grand Illusions
We all know that we are not perfect.

Some choose to strive for perfection, others just embrace their character flaws, and still a certain percentage of the population chose to conceal their character flaws to create an image that is damn near perfection.

Those striving for perfection scare me. What if you do reach "perfection?" What if you are the Best of the Best? You are on top of Mount Everest? You have the elusive 4.0 after graduating from college in the perfect amount of time, you have perfect friends that do perfect things (of course, not as perfect as the you, but perfect none the less), you have perfect clothes, and perfect relationships, topped off with the perfect job. What is that? Illusions of grandeur.

Those concealing their character flaws are ten times more likely to have that hidden bullshit bite them in the ass.

And then there are the honest ones. The ones who embrace imperfection, but like themselves none the less. So in an effort to be honest, I shall now announce five character flaws.

1) News flash, I have a very real ability to be a bitch. It it typically warranted, but none the less, I am not a non bitch.

2) I rarely take the easy road.

3) I suck at lying, but I am famous for telling 85% of the truth. What, pra tel, does this mean? It means that when you ask me a question, I don't lie, I just don't disclose 100%.

4) I am a fundamentally lazy person. I do what I must, I do what I can. But I thouroughly enjoy sitting on my ass watching Judging Amy reruns. I enjoy it far more than doing what I should do.

5) I love gossip. Nay, I LOVE GOSSIP. But I hate to be gossiped about.

And with that, I would like to know other peoples character flaws. So shoot.
 
Comments:
As you know I am famous for my irish temper, the ability to be a total bitch whilst sounding oober-polite and I have a great talent for living way over my means. I'm getting better on the first and the last. I don't really consider the middle one a "flaw" per-say. I think "tact" is acctually a virtue.
 
My flaw, hmm, my flaw is that I have no flaw. Yeah, that is it ...
 
My flaw is that I'm intensely verbal. My feelings are indistinguishable from their descriptions. Thus, I may not figure out how I feel about something until several days have passed to give me time to formulate my Official Statement of Feeling.

My other flaw is that every object, concept, or experience in the world is either deeply meaningful in
and of itself, or it is itself meaningless but my emotional or intellectual reaction to it is meaningful.

I spend so much time teasing out the different layers of meaning and trying them on my tongue to see how they feel, that I often don't get around to doing the meaningful things I've been meaning to do.

And then of course my other other flaw is that there is no firm disciplinarian in my life to teach me the consequences of compulsively naughty behavior... >sigh<
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger