Spaghetti and Truthballs
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
  Aimless Wandering is Kind of Fun.
So.....

I am way too old to still be in college, this I know.

But you are nuts if you think I am avidly awaiting the adult world with baited breath. Rent, Car payments, Working full time, Going to bed by 10 PM to get up at the ass crack of dawn, all of that crap... Sounds pretty crappy to me.

The closer I get to graduation, the more people think it is an excellent idea to ask me what I plan on doing when I graduate...

Truth be told: I have no clue.

I will have a degree in Development and Family Studies, with a dual minor in Health Promotions and Psychology. What does that all add up to? Nothing. It means I will know people.

So what do people who know people do with their lives? I don't really know. Go back to school? Maybe.

I do know that I have extremely lavish taste, and I need to find a career in which I can support the lifestyle I have grown accustomed to.

And that, my friends, is all I know.

With this truthball of destruction aimed at myself, I would like to request one thing.

Kindly stop asking what I am going to do when I grow up.
 
Comments:
I'd like to point out that I haven't asked you what you want to do when you grow up.

I feel that growing up is a total bore.
 
I have a different perspective on this matter. I might be out in the adult world doing the adult things and getting the paycheck and putting in way to many hours and being responsible and ... well etc etc etc

But I am never growing up!

The more appropriate question is, "What are you going to do next?"

To that, I always answer, "Anything I damn well please."

:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger