Spaghetti and Truthballs
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
  Mamma Knows Best
Maybe it is just me, but I think I know EXACTLY what people should do with their lives, and EXACTLY what changes need to be made.

Yet, time has proven that I have no fucking clue as to what to do and what to change within myself.

Sometimes, when I am in deep thought, I spend hours considering the "what if's" of life.

What if I had listened to my mother and never consumed a Soda?

What if I had not stayed in Florida for so long?

What if my estranged husband could have learned to control his temper before he broke my trust?

What if I had never gone to Florida?

What if I had never re-thought the most hideous argument over nothing with the best friend in the world?

What if I had dated the boy that was everything wrong?

What if I had rebelled against authority like every one else?

What if I had never tried to be Jiminy Cricket to all of my friends?

What if my Grandmother was still alive?

What if I had never smoked a cigarette?

What if I had paid more attention to certain people?

What if I had gone to the college I intended on going to?

Life, in general, is filled with what if's. Life, in general, is filled with people who know what you should do better than you. Life, in general, has no clear cut path. It is just a bunch of people trying to make it the way they know how. But no one knows, and no one learns in a sensible manner. It is just good old fashioned trial and error.

One of the smartest people I know said to me once "If we all learned from our parents mistakes, we would all be millionaires right now."

I am beginning to think he was right.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger