Spaghetti and Truthballs
Friday, November 04, 2005
  My own personal hell.
You know, I am fairly certain that if we all had our own personal hell, the night I had would be, say, the sixth ring of hell.

I wait tables every Thursday and Friday night at this little mom and pop itallian restaurant in Fort Worth. I love the people, the owners are my buddies- and if I have to wait tables, this is the only place that I will do it.

For all of you that have paid the pentance of being a waiter, you will understand the ferocious beast that I dealt with tonight.

It is a small restaurant, only twenty tables... So I am the only server on Thursday. All in all it is usually A OK because all of the tables are never full...

Not tonight. Every seat in the house was taken. Two of the cooks called in sick (did I mention there are only three?) and so there we were- with a restaurant full of hungry and bitchy people... Me and my buddy David taking on the mass of hysteria,

My head was spinning, I was making drinks, filling drinks, making salads, tossing pizzas, running food, and all in all running my ass off.

Most of the customers were very cordial... But there are always a few, A bitchy mother and her two bratty kids who were LITERALLY climbing the walls... Throwing shit all around.... and acting like little gangsters. Good god, I hope karma bites them on the ass...

I finally made my way out of the weeds, and I look down at my white shirt- The battle wounds were ferocious, I looked like I had been shot a million times, and I was bleeding spaghetti sauce.

Fuck needing new shoes- after tonight... I need new feet. And maybe a new brain.
 
Comments:
Oh dear Bryan,
I find you so enjoyable- but your blogger profile is not available. What is your website?
 
Psst! Ms. S'ghetti! Psst! You are gonna hurt me, but I cannot find your e-mail anywhere. I know you posted it but I no find!

Mine = sfwhalen@aol.com

HUGS!
 
Sghetti-- Karma will bite the mommy in the ass!! I'd never let my kid do that... It'd be a cold day. It's nice that people understood your situation and hopefully you got some nice tips!!!

Take it easy!!

XXOO,
JTL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger