Spaghetti and Truthballs
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
  Just Call Me Betty F. Crocker
I am changing my name from Ms. S'Ghetti to Betty Fucking Crocker.

Lately, I have been filling my time with baking, sewing, and dropping F Bombs.

In the last week, I have baked three batches of cookies, from scratch- and invented one of the recipes.

Why? Two batches were for June, because she doesn't like to bake- but promises her boyfriend and his posse' cookies... So I did it for her... That is what friends are for.

The other batch was for boy, interrupted. (See three posts down)

Recently, I have made three pairs of goucho pants, I made the double mint dresses, I have made a couple of bags, and I am in the process of making a messenger bag for my beloved Satan1.

Why all of the F Bombs? Therapy. It is very therapeutic to say "Fuck!" Especially when you sew a zipper into a skirt on accident, or whatever.

The baking has got to go, because I will not be winning the battle against the bulge with batches of triple chocolate cookies hanging around... BUT-

Sewing, I must say, is almost therapeutic... When I was an art major in my first years of college, I loved what I did, I loved to be elbow deep in clay, or paint, or whatever the median for the day was. LOVED IT. But when I realized I would have to give up my love for money- It is kind of bitter sweet to dabble- It makes me want to give up money for my love. I still have all of my crap- A pottery wheel, clay tools, paints, brushes, glazes, canvases, a room devoted to all of the stuff... But it is still sad. Sewing provides a creative outlet that produces something. I am digging it. Even if it causes me to say "fuck" A LOT.
 
Comments:
Pictures of the dresses!!

And baking is a good thing as long as you aren't eating it!!

F-Bombs gets me through my day too! Almost not a good day without about 100 of them!
 
Pictures of the dresses will come at Haloween, we have to get our blonde wigs and our white shoes, and our helluva eyelashes before we unveil the masterpieces!

I promise, you will have your pictures by Nov. 1
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger