Spaghetti and Truthballs
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
  Daddies
Sometimes, I get a upset about my estranged husband and this whole situation- the situation I have no control over, that I feel like I am drowning in... The situation that I had allowed to creep up in my lifelong plans, and has to go away- for the greater good of me.

And then I remembered something.

I still have my Daddy. My Daddy is the best. He is a big tall man who resembles Santa Claus, sans the beard. He has this deep voice that intimidates the hell out of everyone that doesn't know him, but when you look at his face, he has a twinkle in his eye and shiny salt and pepper hair, now it is salt more than pepper...

Ever since birth, I have been the epitomy of a 'Daddy's Girl'- we would go shopping together, we would have lunch together, we would watch TV together, he would take me to work with him, he would even paint my nails for me....

When he went on business trips, he would always come home with baby dolls and teddy bears from Europe... I remember one time he brought home English lavendar, and his whole suitcase had this pungent aroma of it. Even still, when I smell that smell, it smells like 'Daddy coming home.'

When I got married, I couldn't bring myself to change my last name. I don't know why, maybe a little bit because it was my identity, a little bit because that would mean I wasn't my Daddy's girl anymore. It wouldn't have changed the way he thought of me, but still, it really bothered me. Whatever the reason, I never did it.

He has always been my biggest supporter, never really opposed any of my "big decisions" he just let me go, and was standing close by to make sure I didn't hurt myself if I fell. He was always there to yell at the people who were treating me unfairly. He is always right there. All because he is my Daddy.

Maybe I am too old to still be a Daddy's girl, maybe I think too highly of him, maybe a lot of things. But I know one thing for sure, and that is that My Daddy is always nothing but the best, even if he isn't perfect, he is the best that he can be...

Because he is my Daddy.
 
Comments:
First rule: Never, EVER too old to be a daddy's girl.
 
Of course you can be too old to be a daddy's girl. I'd say about the time you start your own family and have your own responsibility, perhaps your reliance on Daddy should wane a bit.

But I'm a dude, so what do I know about this psychosexual phenomenon?
 
If some men can be Momma's Boy's all their life, then why can't you be a Daddy's Girl all your life? Plus, if it makes you feel good, then do it. :)
 
Sghetti-- Talk about making me cry!! Geez!! Today marks the 23rd anniversary of his death. For 4 years I was my daddy's little girl... You are so lucky to have what you have. Cherish every moment!!

XXOO,
JTL
 
My comment was going to be the exact same as Marks. I´m 33 and still daddys little girl, and don´t plan on ending that anytime soon.

Great blog by the way, found it through Mark.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
August 1990 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 /


Powered by Blogger